The Violence Prevention and Victim Services Program is a free and confidential program offered to all persons within a 50-mile radius of our headquarters - regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, or race. Our program aids victims of crime (with a police report), domestic violence, stalking, human trafficking, and sexual assault. Using grants from the Department of Justice and the Department of Health and Human Services, victims, also known as clients, can receive assistance in the following ways:
- Crisis Intervention
- Transportation to a temporary emergency shelter
- Specialized, ongoing, and culturally sensitive victim support
- Courthouse and hospital advocacy
- Relocation Assistance
- Referrals for legal services, counseling, and other services that fit the need of the client
- Other short- and long-term assistance is available and is on an as needed basis!
If you are a victim of domestic violence, another crime, or want more information , please call 918-787-5452 Extension 6057 or 6059
Presentations and trainings available for:
- Tribal/Community groups
- Parent groups
Goals and objectives are:
- To decrease the number of violent crimes (sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking committed against Indian women and girls.
- To enhance services that are available to help Indian women and adolescent girls who are victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking.
- To strengthen the capacity of Indian Tribes to use their sovereign authority to respond to crimes of violence against Indian women.
- To serve child, youth, and adult victims of sexual assault and their families, except for the perpetrator.
- Engage in strategic planning to increase the capacity of the tribal nation, as well as the community as a whole.
An Outreach Advocate provides all public information and education/trainings as well as community education seminars. The topics of education/trainings include:
- The cycle of domestic violence and ways to break the cycle
- Teen dating violence
- Sexual assault and stalking